SCG adheres to Circular Economy principles in waste management, placing emphasis on research and development (R&D) to reuse/recycle and add value to waste. Inefficient and inappropriate waste management impacts the environment and community. We attempt to govern sending of waste for external management, and to increase share of reuse/recycle of waste on the basis of resource use maximization.
- Since 2012, zero hazardous and non-hazardous waste from process to landfill.
- Within 2025, reduce waste disposal per production ton at 70% compared to base year in 2014
- Reduce the amount of waste generation at source.
- Strive to manage industrial waste according to the 3Rs and Circular Economy principles, both hazardous and non-hazardous waste within SCG.
- Research and develop innovation to reuse/recycle and add the value to waste.
- Manage industrial waste without sending to landfill.
- Reduce waste disposal by incineration without energy recovery.
- Hazardous waste to landfill 0% and non-hazardous waste to landfill 0.0107%
- Reduction of waste disposal per unit of production 99% compared with the base year of 2014